They say nothing stays the same. People are no exception—we all change. Sometimes people improve, sometimes they get worse.
That being said, I’d like to discuss how I, personally, have changed in a positive way:
- After the horrible ways that I was treated in school, I realized that I don’t want the same things to happen to any other person, so I connected with more activists and got the idea of blogging to bring awareness to disability and LGBTQ issues.
- I started to grow more into my queer and autistic identities, and I began to advocate for disability and LGBTQ rights.
- After a really dark point in my life, I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior. Yes, I still struggle sometimes, but now I know that I have God to lean on when things aren’t going right, no matter what other people say.
- I used to only care about being popular in high school. I tried to get into the latest clothes, music, fashion, etc. because I wanted people to like me, but now I realize that it’s not the quantity of friends that’s important, it’s the quality of them.
- I’ve become more “woke” about racial injustice issues. I fully support Black Lives Matter, and I want to bring more awareness to these issues.
That’s all I can think of for me. What about you? How have you changed in a positive way in the last 10 years or so?